Weiss Stain Protec Gloss – wet-look
£24.86 ex. VAT
Weiss Stain Protect Gloss is a wet-look gloss shine colour enhancer for natural stone and concrete paving, that also provides staining protection against marks made by grease, oils, fats, fast food, tyre rubber and footwear. It is an excellent and effective impregnator, but IT DOES COME WITH A CAUTION: Even the slightest hint of damp in the paving it is applied to could lead to efflorescence – a powdery-white surface staining. Ideally, it should be applied to paving before it is laid, or within weeks of paving that has been freshly laid on water-permeable bedding, such as tuffbed 2-pack or tuffbed pre-mixed.
Coverage is dependent on the porosity of the stone it is applied to, but typically, 1 litre will treat up to 20m².
IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT WHAT TYPE OF BEDDING YOUR PAVING HAS BEEN LAID ON YOU SHOULD SEEK ADVICE OR CONTACT US BEFORE PURCHASING FT PLUS. THIS IS A SPECIALIST PRODUCT WHICH CAN STAIN PAVING AND BRICKWORK IF NOT MANAGED CORRECTLY.
As with any such product, be sure to give the bottle a good shake before use, and remember it’s always best to try a small test area first.
How to use:
- WEISS Stain Protect Gloss is applied to the upper surface of clean, dry paving elements, to enhance colour giving a ‘wet look shine’ and also to protect against mild staining.
- Apply when the surface is between 5-25°C. Do not dilute and mix well before use.
- Newly constructed paving should be allowed to dry thoroughly for four to six weeks before Stain Protect Gloss is applied.
- Also be aware that if the base isn’t fully permeable, any residual damp beneath will be absorbed into the paving.
- For existing installations, the entire paving – not just the surface – should be uniformly and thoroughly dry.
- In all cases, if you are at all unsure, please contact us for further advice.
- Apply evenly using a brush or roller to a dry and clean surface until no more is absorbed and the surface appears wet and glossy.
- If applying a second coat to a highly absorbent surface, do so within a maximum of 20 minutes. It is important to remove any surplus from the surface with a cloth, sponge or squeegee before it dries.
- Treated surfaces may be walked on after 4-6 hours.
- Protection against rain and soiling in 24 hours.
- Full protection develops within 2-4 days
You may also like…
Removes cement stains from internal and external natural stone surfaces
Weiss CSR – cement stain remover£16.50 – £81.50 ex. VAT Select options
Excellent protection against stubborn natural stone or pre-cast concrete pavement grime
Weiss Stain Protect Profi – long-term paving protection£28.00 – £263.00 ex. VAT Select options
For routine surface cleaning and surface removal of general traffic stains including oil, grease, grime and rubber
Weiss Grundreiniger – effective general cleaning£10.50 – £89.50 ex. VAT Select options